Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Simple

My sister, niece and nephew are coming over for Thanksgiving.  I am so excited to spend the evening with them!  I loved the Thanksgiving leaves for our 'Thankful Tree', so I decided to put a leaf at each place setting with a bark pencil. 
Now, everyone can write what they are thankful for, and we can add these to our tree. Tip: Write the year on the back and file as a keepsake. These will be fun to read when my kids are grown!
I was inspired over at Kim's Savvy Southern Style to make this centerpiece with items I had in other displays.  Our sweet friend Jesse brought me some turnips, sweet potatoes and these beans from his garden.  He comes to fish for his supper and always brings me something...we have become good friends! (I wrote about Jesse here.)
Pinned Image
(pinterest)
Where else do I get inspiration? Pinterest, of course.
I was so excited to see the tree branch 'antlers' in the picture above!  I had made a small plaque for my porch out of some branches my son found.  I digress...
Pinned Image
Here is another beautiful and simple table setting.  That bittersweet just makes it!
Pinned Image
(marthastewart)
So simple, yet so adorable...Martha Stewart, of course!

Bark pencils: TJMaxx
Brown & Cream towels used as napkins:  Tuesday Morning
Bamboo looking flatware:  Homegoods
Rattan placemats: World Market

Happy Thanksgiving!

Linking to

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

23 comments :

Comeca Jones said...

Very nice!

Mel's Designs from the Cabin said...

Oh my gosh....this is so pretty and what a nice idea to write a Thanksgiving message on a leaf...sweet!! Gobble, gobble...have a great one! Mel's Designs from the Cabin

Janette - The2Seasons said...

There are so many things about this post I love - like the pencils and using simple things like the pears to make your table special.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

How cute is your setting and I love the stick antlers on your porch. Those are fabulous checked napkins.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your table is adorable. I want those pencils!!

Anonymous said...

Simply Wonderful ♥

birdie blue said...

darling pictures, christie. i hope you and your beautiful family have a very happy and healthy thanksgiving.

xo
molly

Unknown said...

I love your setting it is so simple and beautiful!
We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, but I hope you have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful,as always..I love the antlers a lot..I feel I will be making myself a pair over the weekend..Inbetween decorating for Christmas of course..HAPPY THANKSGIVING..

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Hello Christy,

I LOVE your blog! I have just had a delightful time perusing many of your posts! Beautiful home too.

Your simple Thanksgiving place settings are really quite elegant in a casual way.

So nice stopping by to visit with you!

Kindly, Lorraine

Kelly said...

Your tablesetting is so charming! I adore the little bark pencils with the leaves set out on the plates. Cute idea! those stick antlers are great too! I've never seen those before.

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Such a warm and wonderful place setting, Christie. Love it - had to pin it!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Lovely table - the bark pencil and leaf paper is such a cute idea! Thanks for the great things you had to say about my dining room reno and for becoming a follower of mine! I am now following you too. Have a great Thanksgiving!
Kelly

PAT said...

Beautiful table, Christie!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about your table! It's charming! I love the bark pencils and branch antlers! Great ideas- thanks for sharing! Happy Thanksgiving!

Heather @CommonplaceBeauty said...

I just LOVE this simple thanksgiving place setting & centerpiece. Love the idea about writing the date and saving those leaves. It would be fun to read those later. I adore those bark pencils too!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Love your table.. your front porch is wonderful so inviting. From our home to yours Happy Thanksgiving. hugs ~lynne~

Suzy said...

Oooh - I love the faux antlers! What a great idea. I'm your newest follower. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Your table is so beautiful! I love everything about it!!

Marigene said...

Less is more, your place setting is beautiful table, Christie! I just love the name of your blog, it makes me smile.
Wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving.

Sarah said...

Christie, stopping by to wish you a Happy Day and tell you I'm thankful for your friendship. Love the idea of the rustic pencil for the place card. Clever! ~ Sarah

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I love your simple table setting especially with all natural items along with fruit....Looks great!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

The the simplicity and earthiness! Thanks for linking up to The "Autumn Décor" Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...