Thursday, February 2, 2012

Puppy Love and Photography

Rob holds a puppy from the Swift Creek Kennel
I wrote in December (Three Barks from Heaven) about losing our beloved Lab the day after Christmas.  We grieved and grieved and still are.  Several weeks later, we found ourselves so lonely without our dog, so I called the Swift Creek Kennel in Camden, SC to inquire about her labs. 
The lady that answered couldn't speak long, because the mama Lab was delivering her pups right at that moment. It seemed like fate to us!  Aren't they the cutest puppies?
Pinned Image
Garden&Gun
I love this picture.  It is so sweet of a mama and her baby.  I almost feel bad taking the puppy from his mama, but we will give him a good home!  Labs are very spirited and need lots of exercise.  After all, they are hunting dogs.  He will love the river and chasing the ducks!  Labs are friendly, even tempered, trainable, loyal and affectionate.  In two weeks, we can bring ours home!  I cannot tell you the excitement in my children!  Rob and I are crazy to get a puppy amidst the remodeling, but if you are going to live crazy, why not make it real crazy? Right?  Now, if we can all just agree on a name.

I am taking a photography class.  The timing of the class is horrible and I am adding more craziness to our current status, but I really wanted to take it!  Our homework was to take pictures of round objects.  I purchased this cruiser bike recently from Habitat for Humanity...perfect for the shot.  It was a steal and the girl who originally bought it only rode it about four times before taking it to the shop.  She moved from the beach to a town near the mountains and this type of bike couldn't handle the new terrain.  It was very reasonable, and I have been dreaming of one for so long.  Now, I just need a cute basket, a big hat, and a bikini for a stroll down the beach...okay, skip the bikini!
God's perfect objects make great photo ops.
And the perfect sunset...The winter beach is the perfect place to be alone.  I spent four days in Charleston by myself.  I love the winter beach; there is hardly another soul around.  With the madness at our home, it was perfect to escape to the 'quietness.'
Brooke gives me the 'Okay' sign for another shot of something round!  Next week, I will learn about 'aperture.'  I can't wait!

See you soon!
Scroll to Top Pin It Now!

21 comments :

Sarah said...

Oh, sweet puppies indeed! Christi, a puppy will certainly keep you busy, but what a fun journey! Lucky little guy to live with you.
Love the shots of round objects. Good for you taking this class. I need to enroll. ;-)
~ Sarah

Karen said...

what a precious puppy - Christie, so happy for you to be able to take a photography class. I would love to be able to do this. Your shots were so pretty & creative.

Kathleen said...

Oh my gosh, Christie! Congrats on your new addition! Get ready to fall in love! We have a 3 year old yellow lab we simply adore! Her story is featured on my blog! Yes, it will be a little crazy...even when you think you have put everything out of harm's way, the little rascal will find something to get into! Lot's of love and laughter coming your way!

Entertaining Women said...

We have at least two things in common. We lost our beloved Toler, one of our Labs, and Babe, one of our Pointers, last month. They were both blessed to have had long healthy lives., but we still miss them terribly. I'm also starting some photography classes this month. I'm so excited. I keep reading, trying to wrap my head around aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, and on and on. Your shots are wonderful. I'm particularly fond of your pic of the shell on the beach. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Twinkle Terrior said...

so sweet and adorable - God bless you and yours oxo

It's me said...

You have a puppy !!!,,,,can;t wait to see the pictures !!!...that last picture of your sun is amazing !!...love from me...xxx...

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I just love the pictures. Those puppies are so sweet. Let us know what you name him and post lots of pictures. I'm very happy for you and your family.
Julie

Nothing But Blue Skies... said...

Oh my! You are killing me with the fuzzy puppy pics! We lost our beautiful golden retriever on Oct 10th, while my husband was deployed to Afghanistan. He did not get to say good bye. :-(
Our plan was to wait a couple of years (until hubs retires from the military) before getting another dog. It is really hard, though. My 5 yr old son is asking for another dog.
Looks like you have a gorgeous bunch of pups to choose from. There is nothing like snuggling a fat little puppy! Congrats to you and your family! Can't wait to see the welcome home shots!

xo
-Lisa

Unknown said...

What an adorable pup! Love the picture of the puppy and his mommy. That is too sweet. We got a golden retriever puppy last year and while I wanted a boy, we got a girl...(all the breeder had left) and she was perfect. The pick of the litter. We named her Sophie. But I still really wanted a boy dog because I had the perfect name. Gus. My favorite name for a boy dog. That and Atticus is creeping up there as a second favorite.

Also, love Charleston. My family used to vacation on Kiawah Island every year for 10 years. My husband and I even honeymooned there. Now we are on the opposite coast in WA state and while I would love to visit again, it's just so far away. I miss it. Glad you had a chance to enjoy it! Good luck at your photography class. You have some good natural talent already.

Rachel
http://www.holy-craft.blogspot.com

Jemsmom said...

I am headed to the beach today! It is too beautiful not to go! I am so sad that we are moving from Charleston. :-(

Those puppies are precious! Your pictures look great. The last one of Brooke is perfect to for depth of field which will go with your aperture assignment! Keep up the awesome work!

brooke said...

Oh puppies!!!!!! Why is a lab the cutest thing alive? You are motivating me to go get some more good picture of my old chocolate.

Jody@northernliving said...

Love the puppy. A new family member to love.

Leslie's Garden said...

What adorable pups! I know you'll get the perfect one for your little family and will lavish it with love!

Calypso In The Country said...

Your puppy is precious! We are getting a golden retriever puppy on Saturday! Congrats to you!
-Shelley

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

We just got anew lab puppy at the pound on Sunday! (yes, they were open on Sunday) - she is chocolate and we had to okay the name with our eldest who is away at college. I just posted her cute picture on my blog. She is 12 weeks and it is like having a new baby around!

kayce hughes said...

Nothing cuter than those puppies! When out puppies were little I would put them in bed with us when they were sad.

Anonymous said...

The puppy is so sweet..We had a chocolate lab..They are the most loyal and loving dogs..Enjoy picking a name..

Donna said...

My adult son got a Lab puppy before Christmas...goodness what energy! It will take your entire household to keep that puppy occupied!

Great pictures, loved the shell in the sand and the child with the circle, just creative and lovely!

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, you can almost smell the puppy breath. I will always be a lab fan. The smartest dogs and they do love their people families. Congrats!!!

Kay - No Central Tx

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

That photo of the mummy with its little puppy nearly had me running out to buy a Lab!! I totaly agree - Labrador puppies are completely adorable. And all the gorwn-up ones I know are lovely too!

I'm looking forward to learning from your photography class - you are a busy bee!!

By the way, I'm loving your blog - Iv'e signed up to follow you!

Sarahx

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Gorgeous Puppy & Gorgeous Pics! I would love to take a photography class. How Fun. ENJOY!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...