Friday, June 1, 2012

A Shabby Storage Shed

My husband ordered a shed and with some help, assembled this shed for 'my stuff.'
A path leads to my garden and down to the lake.
The cookie sheet was my grandmother's and catches the dirt for my transplants.  The little pot is used as a scooper for the 'dirt' pail.
 
 
I made the skirt for my work table by stapling it to the wood and covering the edge with several wooden tape measures.  Pots, buckets, paint and lanterns are hidden behind it.  The large French bread basket hangs above an old fireplace mantel that belonged to my great grandfather.  The basket holds smaller baskets and jars for my vegetables.  The mantel dates to the late 1800's.
My grandmother was an elementary school teacher.  This picture was taken in the early 1960's of her fourth grade class.  Some of the children are not wearing shoes.  My children's art hangs below this treasured photo.
Edging the table with measuring sticks allows for quick measurements (and hides the staples!)
The shed is storage for all of my storage baskets and bins.  It is also home to so many treasures from family; old drawings and pictures of Charleston; my grand-daddy's vintage water cooler and WWII things, as well as, my children's many art pictures.   My 'stuff' that I can't part with!
I ran out of wall space in the playroom, but simply cannot stick these paintings in a drawer.  I love my children's art.
Picnic baskets, jars, bins and tubs line the top shelves.  I made the bunting from the dresses my girls wore when they were little and from the vintage strawberry fabric.  I use it for birthday parties, but it decorates this space when not in use.
My husband's shed is two times bigger...imagine that.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
 
 
Pin It Now!

9 comments :

rebecca said...

This is SO perfect. I ♥ it and everything IN it!

Cottage Dreaming and Flea Market Wishing said...

OMG I totally LUV it!!!

Unknown said...

I love your shed, so great you can have his and hers sheds!

Anonymous said...

Love,love,love your shed..

Maureen Wyatt said...

I admit to being wildly jealous of your shed! I can just picture you in there amongst all the things you love and doing the things you enjoy. ~ Maureen

It's me said...

Woww it is great !!..i put the first on my pinterest board garden...lovely week....xxx...

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

I'd love to have a shed like yours! You've got so many fabulous treasures filling your space, too!

Designing Domesticity said...

Wow, I love it. How lucky are you. And everything in one place as well - what a dream come true. Love. Thanks for sharing, liz

Shannon said...

That is too stinkin' cute! What a great little place for you to hang out in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...